So, I knew I wasn't going to get everything done because my list was insane. I did a lot of work and while I didn't get done what I thought I'd get done, I did get a LOT done!
1. Review books. I have 57 books to review. I'll be happy if I get 10 done. I reviewed 7. I got a few comments on the size of my backlog. That's one of the reasons why I love Bloggiesta-- even though 57 is a lot of books, the size of my backlog is smaller every Bloggiesta!
2. Deal with my Google Reader. This mainly means geting caught up on blog posts. I have over 6191 unread blogposts (OMG I KNOW.) So, I will read as many as possible, but the hard part will be heavy use of the "mark as read" button. I also want to clean out my stars. Most are books that I want to read, so I want to write at least 5 "reviews that made me want to read the book" posts. Others are videos I wanted to watch or things I wanted to pin when I was reading my reader when I couldn't watch videos or pin things. I read over 1700 posts and deleted a bunch of others. I also deleted several feeds-- some are blogs I don't really like, some that are defunct, and several that I for some reason have multiple feeds for. I cleaned out a TON of stars--over 80. Of course, I ended up just transferring most to Evernote or Pocket thanks to some super-helpful mini-challenges. I didn't write any of the "reviews that made me want to read the book though.
3. Change domain hosts. YES! I have two blogs and this took longer and was much more complicated than I thought it would be, BUT it's all done and I didn't have a lot of the negative "side effects" that a lot of people have and my blogs were only offline for about half a day.
4. Work on upcoming secret blog project-- buy domain name, work on layout, pick at least 20 themes, sketch out at least 10 blog posts. YES YES YES. I didn't think I'd get much done on this, but I bought the domain name (when I was transferring the others) and set up the basic design and about pages. I'm not sure how many themes I picked, but way more than 20. I didn't sketch out 10 blog posts, but I did preliminary notes for more than 10.
5. Clean off the bedroom bookshelf-- specifically, the library books cubby (I have too many checked out, I'll never read them all) and to-review cubby (Review and move!) and the ARC cubby (which ones am I actually going to get to?) Nope
6. Tag old posts. (Um, this probably isn't going to happen, but it's something I want to do, so let's put it on the list, ok? )Nope
7. Try again to make a video or two for Library Noise. Nope
8. Write new storytime intro posts and update the existing ones on Library Noise. Nope
9. Write that post I gotta write. Nope
10. SLJ round up. Nope
11. Do that review app. Nope
Links to Amazon are an affiliate link. You can help support Biblio File by purchasing any item (not just the one linked to!) through these links. Read my full disclosure statement.