Mini Challenges Completed/Won: 12 or 13/1
Books Read: almost 9
Pages Read: 1641
Well, I'm 50 pages away from the end of Airhead by Meg Cabot.
Just a few wrap up things. I really want to thank everyone for their support for Reading is Fundamental. If I did my math right, I raised $295.41! Thank you so much!!!! I'll send reminders out when I wake up. Until then, here are my wrap-up survey questions:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
When I was reading Queen of Cool so...20-21. Which was right around the point where I had been awake for 25 hours straight.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Anything by Meg Cabot. I think the Georgia Nicolson series would be really good for this. I recommend series books because then you don't have to get used to new characters or a new writing style! Also, have lots of options so if something's just not working for you, you can pick something else up!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?Not at this time...
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I loved the Cheerleaders! Getting comments at 5 in the morning was like a shot of espresso in my energy levels! Everyone's comments on everything made it so much fun! I also really liked the mini-challenges, even though they severely cut into my reading time.
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Lovingly Alice, Alice in Rapture Sort Of, Reluctantly Alice, All But Alice, Alice In-Between, Girl 15 Charming but Insane, The Queen of Cool, and almost all of Airhead
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Really hard to say. I'm going to go with Airhead, but that might just be because I'm so close to the end and so I'm still totally sucked into it!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Girl, 15... but I think that just had to do with my lack of brain function while I tried to read it.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'm all over this next time! I'll still be a reader and probably a prize donate-r. I also might host a mini-challenge and/or cheerlead! We'll see what's going on in my life when it gets scheduled!